OPEN CALL FOR SOUND ARTISTS
to contribute at (h)ear festival #3 - "sound travels"
CATEGORIES MUSIC: Sound Art/Experimental Music genre's like New Electronic or Acoustic Music, Soundscapes, Field Recordings, Noise, Musique Concrete
CATEGORIES ART: Video Installations, Interactive Media, Environments, Installations (small works preferred because of lack of space)
SPEAKERS: We seek speakers to talk on subjects related to sound, sound art, experimental music or any topic related to the previous
WORKSHOP: We also seek people who are willing to present a workshop related to our activities
DEADLINE: November 5, 2013
FESTIVAL DATE: November 30, 2013
LOCATION: Art Centre Signe (kunstencentrum Signe/kuS), Heerlen, Netherlands
ORGANISATION: (h)ear - experimental audio research
We hereby invite artists (individuals and/or collectives) to submit proposals for (h)ear festival 2013. This will be our third edition following up two which presented performances and art work receiving a hugh amount of positive critics.
(h)ear Festival is our anual one-day celebration of a year programming cutting edge Sound Art and Experimental Music artists from all over the world. We are located in the south of the Netherlands (nearby the borders of Germany and Belgium) and easily reached by car or public transport (our train station is located a 5-minute walk from us).
Since politics have changed in the Netherlands our foundation (h)ear has been cut of from financial support for 2013. We therefor cannot afford fee and travel expenses. Our hospitality remains though. If any of you decides to come over to play at (h)ear festival you are most welcome. We will provide a nice place to sleep and serve a good meal and drinks. Cheers!
- Artists must own the copyright for all work produced
- Submissions must arrive by email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is November 5th, 2013
- Send a typed description of what you are planning to do or present (up to 400 words)
- Send a short biography (100 to 350 words and in English and/or Dutch please)
- Send a digital high resolution image of you or anything that represents your work
- All participants must submit an audio track (up to 6 minutes) for our anual festival CDr